Find a post

Feb 20, 2024

Digging Up Love With the Sheriff by Evie Sterling Review

 

* This review is spoiler-free *

4/5 ⭐

Tropes

 Opposites Attract

Small-town romance

Enemies to lovers

 Dual POV


Synopsis

The new sheriff in town Rory McEvoy ends up meeting the town historian Constance Chaplain because a set of deer bones in Constance's museum go missing. These bones end up mixed together with a human skeleton. This quickly makes Constance a top suspect. Constance has to earn the trust of Rory to try to get her bones back. While they cross paths, they realize they act differently around each other than anyone else.


Best Quote From the Book

“Her eyes alight and... is that a smile on her face? Couldn't be. I must be imagining the upturned corners of her mouth. But to be honest, I like the thought of making her smile way more than I should."


My Thoughts

I will admit this review will probably be a bit on the shorter side for my blog because this book was such a quick and easy read. It is less than 200 pages in total so not too much happens in it. 

This book uses a lot of language that really gives it a happy quirky vibe. Some of my favorites of these words include kerfuffled, chutzpah, and chargin. That coupled with such a wacky mystery to unsolve, it was an easy read that made me laugh and smile. It gave me that comforting mystery vibe of watching Scooby Doo when I was a kid.

If any of you have watched the TV series Bones, I can say that Constance highly reminds me of Temperance Brennan from that series. They are both quite straightforward and value their jobs over most other things. I absolutely adore that show and that character so I especially admire Constance for that reason. 

If you have seen my review of Evie Sterling's other recent release Anatomy of Matchmaking, I will note this book has a very different tone, vibe, and even writing style. I have to applaud Evie Sterling for her ability to write such varied but good clean romance stories that are engaging, fast-paced, and fun to read. 

I received this book as part of Evie Sterling's street team and got access to it as an arc. My review is honest and voluntary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something Saved by Erin FitzGerald Review

  * This review is spoiler-free * 5/5 ⭐ Tropes ➮  Single uncle ➮ Cowboy romance ➮ Small town ➮ Nanny romance Synopsis When Morgan shows up...