Find a post

Jun 10, 2026

WPS 2026 Day 6: Lacie M. Lou

 

Wonderland Pride Spotlight Day 6: Lacie M. Lou



Welcome to day 6 of the 2026 Wonderland Pride Spotlight! This is my way to help champion LGBTQ+ books and authors this Pride month! Today I am interviewing Lacie M. Lou. Be sure to check out my Instagram for even more excitement with this event!

Lacie M. Lou's LGBTQ+ Releases

  • Prophecy of Blood and Flames
  • Children of Gods and Monsters
  • Guardian of Fate and Vengeance

The Interview


1. Are you LGBTQ+? If so, how?

"Asexual"

2. What rep do your books have?

"Anxiety, depression, SA survivor, abuse survivor, grief, asexual, pansexual, bisexual, trans (books 2&3), nonbinary"

3. If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?

"It's so hard to choose. I think I would write horror, or dystopian. Both have been such major influences for me and my writing, and I think getting to explore the emotional storytelling and themes of those genres could be really fun! Incredibly devastating to my readers, so even more fun, haha."

4. What is your biggest writing inspiration?

"I think it's true for many authors, not just me, but my lived experiences and my own journey are heavy inspirations for my writing. Having gone through a lot of hardship, there's no end to the depth of raw emotion I can pull from -- so there's some good and some bad to that. Being able to escape into books during those dark times in my life gave me such peace... I want to do that for readers."

5. Anything exciting for you on the horizon?

"I am publishing my first romance-centered book this year! It's still fantasy, still dark and epic -- but queer love is the driving force to the story. I'm so excited to dive into a new story, and to stretch myself as an author, but it's also a little scary. This is so different from my other writing, so it will be a new experience not only for me, but also my readers."

6. Who is a queer figure you look up to?

"I have to give all the roses to my fellow queer authors, especially those that have been trailblazing this space for everyone else. This community has meant so much to me. I continue to meet incredible authors across social media and in person, and readers, too. I love this little corner of the community I am building and all the wonderful people who build me up. I couldn't do this all without them!"

Outro

I adore this excuse to conduct little author interviews! Happy Pride everyone! Stay tuned tomorrow for another amazing indie author and their LGBTQ+ releases! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WPS 2026 Day 30: Kaitlyn Hiller

Wonderland Pride Spotlight Day 30: Kaitlyn Hiller Welcome to day 30 of the 2026 Wonderland Pride Spotlight! This is my way to help champion ...