
Wonderland Pride Spotlight Day 21: Jodi Davis
Welcome to day 21 of the 2026 Wonderland Pride Spotlight! This is my way to help champion LGBTQ+ books and authors this Pride month! Today I am interviewing Jodi Davis. Be sure to check out my Instagram for even more excitement with this event!
Jodi Davis's LGBTQ+ Releases
- SoulSearch
- Sacrifice
The Interview
1. Are you LGBTQ+? If so, how?
"Bisexual"
2. What rep do your books have?
"SoulSearch: Bisexual, gay, and lesbian
Sacrifice: Bisexual, pansexual, polyamorous, and trans"3. If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?
"Historical Fiction. It’s the one genre I love that I don’t write. It’s world building only the world is built and you are inviting people into it. I love research but the amount for historical is crazy. I admire and worry for historical fiction writers."
4. What is your biggest writing inspiration?
"Everything? Anything. I love to know even the 'boring' details of anything. And I love books that make you feel like you’ve entered the secret world of anything. Being a cobbler or a beekeeper or cleaning out enclosed tanks."
5. Anything exciting for you on the horizon?
"I have my first audiobook (SoulSearch) coming out this year and a story set in that world coming out in an anthology in the Fall. I’m bouncing up and down excited. I’m also committing to do more in person events with my first two day event in September (Smyrna Beach Florida! )"
6. Who is a queer figure you look up to?
"Historically it’s been difficult to know that someone was Queer even if you admired them. I think it is amazing that this is a part of their lives you can be aware of. Fictionally the first books I encountered that had any representation was Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner and Mercedes Lacky’s Valdemar novels. I’ve always admired Sally Ride as the first American woman in space. I wanted to be an astronaut and there she was living her life. I wish she would have been able to be open with her partner and had them there with the wives of the astronauts she worked with."
Outro
I adore this excuse to conduct little author interviews! Happy Pride everyone! Stay tuned tomorrow for another amazing indie author and their LGBTQ+ releases!
No comments:
Post a Comment