Find a post

Sep 17, 2024

Something Saved by Erin FitzGerald Review

 

* This review is spoiler-free *

5/5 ⭐

Tropes

 Single uncle

Cowboy romance

Small town

Nanny romance


Synopsis

When Morgan shows up on my doorstep wearing a pencil skirt and heels, demanding she be allowed to interview for the position I posted for a nanny, I'm reasonably sure she's joking. The woman the kids take to immediately makes it plain straight away that she has no experience as a nanny, and I wonder what's the real backstory to the slightly familiar-looking woman who doesn't seem to legally exist. In my experience, women have secrets and it turns out Morgan is no exception. Something about her begins to glue the pieces back together. I'm exhausted, fighting to fill the financial holes my father's big dreams have created, and the truth is that my third-generation ranch is under threat from developers with deep pockets. The bigger problem? The kids Morgan is nannying aren't actually mine yet. Can I live with what she's hidden, or is it best for everyone if I just cut her loose?


My Thoughts

It is truly so devastating to me that this is the last full-length story in this series. I am truly so in love with all of the characters and their entangled stories. I am going to have to deal with the angst-neglect I feel until the spinoff series next year. (I'm not crying, you are!) But for real, this series will forever have a place in my heart, this story included. 

I am so happy Grant finally has his happy ending. He's had the short end of the stick for this entire series so Morgan was definitely what he needed. Their angst was exactly what I've come to expect from Erin. They are such a natural pairing and draw out the best in each other. It certainly isn't simple for them to reach their happy ending but that is what makes it have that incredibly rewarding feeling. 

If it wasn't for Erin, I still wouldn't be a fan of kids in books. Brandt and Amelia are both precious and entertaining respectively. They added some very necessary propulsion to the plot. Without them, this story wouldn't have been nearly as impactful. Seriously, if you don't like single-parent figures, this series may very well change your mind as it did mine. Also, I want to highlight how fun of a character Alberte is as well. She pairs so well with the kids and provides some much-needed comic relief. 

Of all the books in this series, this one really excels at having an intriguing intermingled A and B plot. It gave a more sitcom feeling in that way which I didn't notice in the other books. It was a nice twist to the style of the series thus far that kept things interesting. I love it when the MCs in romance books grow both together and apart.

My favorite scene in the book was definitely when Jenna showed up. It was the justice for Grant moment I was hoping for and made me giggle. 

This book was also riddled with many fun references to all sorts of things. I won't go into specifics so you can find them on your own but they certainly brought me joy

This upcoming novella to wrap up the series has me intrigued and I cannot wait for it. Also, the series following Ashley's brothers should be quite entertaining. Thank you Erin for continuing to keep us well-fed.

Psssst, Erin if you are reading this, I think Morgan's family could make an interesting series on their own. Is this me begging you to never stop writing? Maybe...

This book does contain open-door spice. It can probably be skipped without missing too much important content. 

Overall, I highly recommend this series as a whole. Not only is it written by a woman who has my heart, but it will keep you up reading with angst to die for. The characters have wonderfully rich backstories that truly impact who they are today. Now that the series is (mostly) concluded, you have zero excuses to not binge the whole thing!

Thank you Erin for the arc! Trust me, I have nothing to lie about how much I adore this series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something Saved by Erin FitzGerald Review

  * This review is spoiler-free * 5/5 ⭐ Tropes ➮  Single uncle ➮ Cowboy romance ➮ Small town ➮ Nanny romance Synopsis When Morgan shows up...